August 28, 2020
May 20, 2020
MHT CET 2020 exam.
Maharashtra state common entrance test cell will conduct the MHT CET 2020 exam. This exam will offer admissions to the 1st year of B.E/B.Tech, B.Pharmacy and Pharma D courses in the state of Maharashtra. A large number of institutes will consider MHT CET 2020 score for admissions. The application form for the exam will be available in the 3rd week of January 2020 tentatively and mode of application will be online.
It is expected that this exam will be conducted in the 2nd week of May 2020. In this post, we will provide you complete details regarding the MHT CET 2020 exam such as exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria, application form etc.
MHT CET Eligibility Criteria 2020
Every candidate needs to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria in order to appear for the MHT CET 2020 exam.
For B.E/B.Tech Admission
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- The candidates must have passed HSC or equivalent exam with Maths, Physics and any one of Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Technical or vocational subjects with at least 50% marks (45% for candidates from reserved categories belonging from Maharashtra state only)
- The applicants having a diploma in engineering with at least 50% marks are also eligible (45% for Maharashtra state candidates from reserved categories)
- The candidates having B.Sc degree with at least 50% marks (45% for Maharashtra state candidates) and studied Mathematics subject at 10+2 level can also apply.
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- The aspirant must have passed HSC or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and any one of Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology subjects with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for Maharashtra state candidates from reserved categories)
For Pharma D
- The applicant should have passed HSC or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and any one of Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology subjects with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for Maharashtra state candidates from reserved categories)
- Candidates having a diploma in pharmacy with 50% marks can also apply (45% for Maharashtra state candidates from reserved categories)
MHT CET Application Form 2020
The aspiring candidates will be able to access the MHT CET 2020 application form in online mode through the official website i.e. dtemaharashtra.gov.in. The candidates have to register themselves first before being able to fill the application form. The aspirants have to provide all the necessary academic, educational and personal details in the application form. While filling the details the application form, the candidates have to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph and signature.
After submitting the application form successfully, the candidates should take a printout of the confirmation page for future references.
The application form for MHT CET 2020 will not be considered complete unless the candidate pays the prescribed application fee as given below:
|For Backward category (ST, SC, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC) and PWD candidates for Maharashtra||Rs. 600/-|
|For all other candidates||Rs. 800/-|
The application fee will be paid via online mode only by using a Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/ Visa/ MasterCard/ Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards, etc.
MHT CET 2020 Exam Pattern
There are 3 papers to be conducted in the MHT CET 2020 exam for different subjects as given below:
- Paper 1: Mathematics
- Paper 2: Physics and Chemistry
- Paper 3: Biology
Candidates looking for B.E/B.Tech admission need to appear for both Paper 1 and Paper 2
For B.Pharma /Pharma D. course, the candidates needs to appear for Paper 2 and any one of Paper 1 or 3
The pattern for all three papers is given below:
- Mode of exam: Offline (OMR sheet Based)
- Duration of Exam: 90 Minutes for each paper
- Type of Question: Objective Type MCQs
- Marking scheme: Each Question in paper 1 will carry 2 marks and each question in Paper 2 and 3 will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking
- Language of Questions: Question will be asked in English, Marathi and Urdu language (Question will be asked in English language only for Mathematics Paper)
|Subject||No. of questions||Total marks||Duration|
|Mathematics (Paper 1)||50||100||90 minutes|
|Physics & Chemistry (Paper 2)||100||100||90 minutes|
|Biology (Botany + Zoology) (Paper 3)||100||100||90 minutes|
Read more about the exam pattern
MHT CET 2020 syllabus
In the syllabus, 20% weightage will be given to the class 11th curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to the class 12th curriculum. The subject wise unit or chapters for MHT CET 2020 are given below. Find more about the syllabus
- For Physics: Measurements, Scalars and Vectors, Refraction of Light, Ray optics, Magnetic effect of electric current, Friction in solids and liquids, Magnetism.
- For Mathematics: Factorization Formulae, Straight Line, Circle and Conics, Sets, Trigonometric functions, Trigonometric functions of Compound Angles, Relations and Functions, Probability, Sequences and series
- For Chemistry: Redox reaction, Surface chemistry, Nature of chemical bond, some basic concepts of chemistry, States of matter: Gases and liquids, s-Block elements (Alkali and alkaline earth metals), Hydrogen, Basic principles and techniques in organic chemistry, Alkanes.
- For Biology: Animal tissues, Human Nutrition, Organization of Cell, Human Respiration, Diversity in organisms, Biochemistry of cell, Plant Growth and Development, Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition.
How to prepare for MHT CET 2020?
The difficulty level for MHT CET 2020 exam will be similar to that of JEE Main for Maths, Physics and chemistry section and similar to that of NEET for Biology section. So, it is obvious that the candidates need to prepare well for this exam. Here are some tips you may follow to prepare for this exam.
- There is an ample time left for this exam, you should make a proper timetable and study regularly as per the syllabus.
- Practice is the key to success. Increase your speed by regular practice as you have answer a lot of questions in less amount of time that too with accuracy.
- NCERT is the best book for the preparation, you should move on to other help books only after going through the NCERT.
- Identify your strength and weakness. Rectify your weaknesses while keep polishing your strengths.
- Solve as many previous year question paper and mock tests as possible.
MHT CET 2020 Recommended Books
The NCERT textbooks are undoubtedly the best books for preparation. If you have studied NCERT then you may follow below-mentioned help books.
- For Maths: D. Sharma, R.S. Aggarwal, S.L. Loney
- For Chemistry: Arihant Publication (Organic Chemistry), P. Tandon (Physical and Inorganic Chemistry)
- For Biology: Pradeep Biology, Trueman’s Biology, Objective Biology by Dinesh
- For Physics: Objective Physics by Dinesh, C. Verma, D.C. Pandey
MHT CET Admit Card 2020
The candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website. Please note that the issuance of admit card will not be considered as the acceptance of eligibility. The details regarding the MHT CET 2020 exam such as exam date, venue, schedule etc. will be mentioned on the admit card. No candidate will be permitted to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
MHT CET 2020 Result
After the evaluation of answer sheets, the authorities will release the result along with a downloadable mark sheet on the official website. The candidates have to login using their registration id and password in order to check the result. The answer key for each paper will also be available on the official website.
The competent authority will issue the merit list and invite the successful candidates for document verification and seat allotment.